Re: Simply derivative question, Math 5.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50253] Re: [mg50240] Simply derivative question, Math 5.
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:34:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Ted, Use capital E instead of small e. Simplify[D[(1 + c*E^t)/(1 - c*E^t), t]] (2*c*E^t)/(-1 + c*E^t)^2 David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: Ted Kahn [mailto:tedkahn at mindspring.com] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Hello- I am trying to take the derivative of the following function: (1 + c*e^t)/(1 - c*e^t) with respect to t. ================ \!\(Simplify[D[\(1 + c\ e\^t\)\/\(1 - c\ e\^t\), t]]\) ============ The answer I get includes an "extra" Log[e] in the numerator. Am I not using the program correctly or am I not understanding the answer correctly? Other? thanks, -ted --