Re: Simply derivative question, Math 5.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50256] Re: Simply derivative question, Math 5.
- From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:34:23 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
That's because your e is NOT the base of natural logarithms (which is E). Steve Luttrell "Ted Kahn" <tedkahn at mindspring.com> wrote in message news:cg97nq$a7p$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Hello- I am trying to take the derivative of the following function: > > (1 + c*e^t)/(1 - c*e^t) > > with respect to t. > > ================ > \!\(Simplify[D[\(1 + c\ e\^t\)\/\(1 - c\ e\^t\), t]]\) > ============ > > The answer I get includes an "extra" Log[e] in the numerator. Am I not > using the program correctly or am I not understanding the answer > correctly? Other? > > thanks, -ted > -- >