mathlink newbie q

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50376] mathlink newbie q
  • From: sean_incali at yahoo.com (sean kim)
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:28:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello group,

I have some codes written in C and C++.

Obviously, I do not understand them as I have never taken C class.
But, since Mathematica is able to call programs written in other languages, I
thought this may be the way I should use the codes. ( even though I
don't understand the code in C/C++ ...)

The codes were sent to me as a directory tree has 22 h files in a
folder named "Include"

Does this sound like something Mathematica can handle using Mathlink, or do
you need more info to answer that?

Do I need working installations of c/c++ compilers etc etc?

I have c(got it free from LCC-win32 website), but I don't have c++.

If I do need both compilers, does anyone know of good free c++ install
files for windows? ( maybe with nice gui)

sorry for newbie q.

any insights will be thoroughly appreciated.

sean