Invoking a function using full package name fail, but works without full package name

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52558] Invoking a function using full package name fail, but works without full package name
  • From: nospam nospam <nospam_please at nospam.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 02:21:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello;

In my code, I usually like to add the package name to the
function name to know where each function is comming from.
(A sort of self documenting the code)

Now I found this to cause a problem with this Mathematica
package.

This is an example

<< ImageProcessing`
img = ImageProcessing`ImageRead["test.gif"];
Show[Graphics[img]];

The above gives an error

Graphics::gprim: ImageProcessing`ImageRead[test.gif] was encountered \
where a Graphics primitive or directive was expected

BUT when I do this:

img = ImageRead["test.gif"];
Show[Graphics[img]];

Then it works.

This completely destroyes my naming convention of using full
package names in my code.

any idea why this is so? It seems to work ok with another user
package I tried, but not this one??

thanks,
--nospam