Re: .WAV file headers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52601] Re: .WAV file headers
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 03:54:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You can extract that information from the Sound object that is created when
you import a WAV file.

Here is an example of how you can do this (assuming you are using Windows):

1. Import the "chimes" sound from the Windows media folder:

chimes=Import["C:\WINDOWS\media\chimes.wav","WAV"];
Show[chimes];

2. This gets the size of the (stereo) data:

Dimensions[chimes[[1,1]]]

{2,13921}

3. This gets the samples per second and the bits per sample

chimes[[1,2]]

{22050,16}

Steve Luttrell

news:comgia$6ql$1 at smc.vnet.net...