plot with masked values
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52619] plot with masked values
- From: "m. r. schaferkotter" <schaferk at bellsouth.net>
- Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 04:07:58 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
greetings: in another system the plotting paradigm allows one to use special values (Nan) in the locations of say a land mask. the color values of the data is not affected by this. for example, we might have a 2d temperature plot which contains land values. by designating the land values as Nan, the plot paradigm is smart enough to scale the color over the non-land values. how is this functionality accomplished in Mathematica? m. r.