SVG to graphics primitives

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52657] SVG to graphics primitives
  • From: Mike <m.HoneychurcNOSPAMh at uq.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 04:09:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm curious if anyone has tried to convert SVG to graphic primitives.

Presumably the Export option converts primitives to SVG via some sort of
process analogous to converting XML to SVG using XSLT. If that was the case
then I'd guess it should be possible to go the reverse.

Why bother?

I've been playing around with bitmap to SVG converters. If you could convert
the SVG to primitives then rather than paste or import bitmap images when
required you could have a (closed) cell with graphics primitives. The
advantage would be that the image is scalable.

Just curious.

Mike