- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52653] Practical problem
- From: steve at nospam.com (Steven)
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 04:09:39 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there, I just found one problem with my Mathematica 5.0, can anyone tell me why this happened and how to fix it: When I run some basic built-in functions, sometimes the functions don't respond: either the title bar says "running..." or just hang there. However, after I close Mathematica or reboot my computer, the functions work fine. This problem happens after I run a couple Notebook files. Example: If I typed in: In= LaplaceTransform[Sin[t],t,s] Most likely Mathematica will respond "Running LaplaceTable...". Then I closed Mathematica and re-ran, everything is fine. Similar problem like DSolve, etc. I even used the exact example notebook file to test, still the same thing.