Re: Practical problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53110] Re: Practical problem
- From: mathma18 at hotmail.com (Narasimham)
- Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:59:57 -0500 (EST)
- References: <4hu925t53wf6@legacy>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 5 Dec 04 16:20:11 -0500 (EST), Steven wrote: >Hi there, > >I just found one problem with my Mathematica 5.0, can anyone tell me >why this happened and how to fix it: > >When I run some basic built-in functions, sometimes the functions >don't respond: either the title bar says "running..." or just hang >there. However, after I close Mathematica or reboot my computer, the >functions work fine. This problem happens after I run a couple >Notebook files. > >Example: >If I typed in: >In= LaplaceTransform[Sin[t],t,s] > >Most likely Mathematica will respond "Running LaplaceTable.." Then I >closed Mathematica and re-ran, everything is fine. Similar problem >like DSolve, etc. I even used the exact example notebook file to test,still the same thing. Clear[t,s] .. clear all variables and functions before use, to delink earlier used names and labels.