Linear Programming

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52707] Linear Programming
  • From: Matthias Gottschalk <gottschalk at gfz-potsdam.de>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:23:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

May be somebody can help me out.

I want to solve the following problem with Mathematica 5.1:

minimize     c x
subject to   A x = b,  l <=  x  <=  h, l  >= 0, h >= 0

LinearProgramming seems to solve only the problem:

minimize     c x
subject to   A x >= b,  x  >=  l

There seems to be a function DualLinearProgramming for which there
seems to be no documentation available. Would that function help me?

regards,
Matthias

--

PD Dr. Matthias Gottschalk