[Splines] Defining piecewise functions over a variable number of intervals
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52692] [Splines] Defining piecewise functions over a variable number of intervals
- From: "m0NoiD" <phloam at myrealbox.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:22:53 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know you can define a function piecewise with If statements, and
even better with Which. I am wondering if there is a way to
construct a piecewise function when the number of intervals is not
known in advance.
I am trying to find a way to compute cubic splines for any number of
data points. The data points will be the input. Then it will compute
the coefficients of the polynomials.
The thing I then need is a subroutine which will take any number of
coefficients as input and construct piecewise cubic polynomials.
I am looking for the most efficient way to do this. I am guessing it
will require some sort of pattern matching, but I am not sure so that
is why I need help.
Prev by Date:
Re: finite domains
Next by Date:
Problem with linken general differential equations
Previous by thread:
Re : Partial fraction command
Next by thread:
Re: [Splines] Defining piecewise functions over a variable number of intervals