Re: Installing 5.1 without 5.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52761] Re: Installing 5.1 without 5.0?
- From: nospam nospam <nospam_please at nospam.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:21:53 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
AES/newspost wrote: > I purchased 5.0 when it first came out, intending to install it on a new > Mac OS X laptop. Acquisition of the OS X laptop got delayed. Now that > I finally have the (new, virgin) OS X machine in hand, a 5.1 CD has > arrived. > > Is there any reason I need to do the 5.0 installation before moving on > to 5.1? > > I suspect there isn't, since the 5.1 shipment appears to be a complete > installer package, but I just want to check. > No reason. 5.1 is stand alone. Even if you buy the 'upgrade' version price, it is a complete 5.1 standalone version.