rotatelabel in linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52820] rotatelabel in linux
  • From: Ranjan Grover <ranjan.grover at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:24:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone

Running: Mathematica 5 on Debian GNU/Linux

When I make regular 2D plots in mathematica with the following general
command structure, I find that my y-labels are not displaying correctly. I
find that the labels on the y-axis are not being rotated by 90 degrees,
even with RotateLabel-> True. This plot command works fine in windows. I
was wondering if its a font problem or if it is a plotting library
problem. I ffound that the same thing also happens in the Help Browser.
Here's the command

Plot[Itransmitted /. {x->1.5, y-> 0}, Frame-> True, GridLines ->
Automatic, FrameLabel-> {"d", "Transmission"}, RotateLabel->True,
PlotLabel -> "Transmission Fringes"]

Ranjan Grover