Re: problem getting the area under a parmetric curve

Roger Bagula wrote:

> I used the symmetry to integrate the side
> that was easiest. There is only one real zero for the x parametric
> in t  which helps. An Infinite integral does appear to exist for
> the distribution.

Dear Roger,

May be problem with upper limit -> Infinity,hypergeometric function
singularity as an improper integral for norm. Did you also try using
NDSolve?

If you have already not corrected it( :)next morning),the following may
work partially if stopped ahead of Infinity at a large enough number.

norm = Integrate[-y*f'[t], {t, 0.486313, 100}]
a0 = N[Abs[2*norm]]
g1 = ParametricPlot[{x, y}/(a0), {t, 0.486313, 100}]
g2 = Plot[Exp[-t^2/2]/Sqrt[2*Pi], {t, -Pi, Pi}]
Show[{g1, g2}]

Regards,  Narasimham