Reverse Hash Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52881] Reverse Hash Function
  • From: "Linda Pan" <panlinda at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:27:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear experts,

I met a problem, and I don't have experience to solve it. Thus, please give
me a help.

My question is:

I have a hash function: h().

I have a plain text: A

So I can get a hash value B = h(A)

Suppose that I have a reverse hash function: h'()

Then I can get a fade plain text A'= h'(B), probably A' is not equal to A,
but it doesn't matter!

I want to ask: Is it possible to build a reverse hash function h'() so that
h(h'(B)) is equal to B?

I do appreciate if you could answer me or send me a hint.

Merry Christmas!

P. L.