Many keys not working under Linux Mandrake 10.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52890] Many keys not working under Linux Mandrake 10.1
  • From: Daniel Arteaga <darteaga at NOSPAMPLEASE.ub.edu.INVALID>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:40:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I just installed Mathematica 5.01 under Linux Mandrake 10.1, and many
keys are not working in the graphical interface: cursors (beep), delete
(square drawn), back (square drawn), shift+return (just a return), etc.
Additinally, I cannot select the text with the mouse. All this makes the
graphical interface essentially unusable.

I don't know if this may have something to do with the fact that
Mandrake 10.1 uses unicode as default.

I have looked at the Mathematica FAQ and searched this group and the web
with google, without any result.

Any idea?

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel Arteaga