Laplace Transformation vs. erf

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52927] Laplace Transformation vs. erf
  • From: db at ict.fhg.de (julia)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:18:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have a problem with the following transformation:

LaplaceTransform[Erf[(L - 2*t*v)/(2*(Dz*t)^0.5)], t, s]

It seems that it doesn't converge because of the t in the numerator.
When i take the t out of the expression, everything works fine.
I've played a little bit around with assumptions and other options, but
i couldn't work it out. v,L and Dz are parameters, which are all positive.
I'm using t up to ~100.

Mathematica just returns the input, and gives not even a error message...

Can anybody help me with this?

julia