Aliases

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52975] Aliases
  • From: "david.winterbottom at gmail.com" <david.winterbottom at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:00:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Using another algebra program I can avoid the input and output of all
the arguments of a general function by running

> alias(h1=h1(x,X,t,T)):

Then "h1" is used in place of "h1(x,X,t,T)" in both input
and output.  Is there an analogous command for hiding function
arguments in Mathematica?

I'm using several arbitrary functions of four variables and some of the
output
is virtually unreadable due to all the occurences of "[x,X,t,T]".
Please help.