  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52975] Aliases
  • From: "david.winterbottom at" <david.winterbottom at>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:00:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Using another algebra program I can avoid the input and output of all
the arguments of a general function by running

> alias(h1=h1(x,X,t,T)):

Then "h1" is used in place of "h1(x,X,t,T)" in both input
and output.  Is there an analogous command for hiding function
arguments in Mathematica?

I'm using several arbitrary functions of four variables and some of the
is virtually unreadable due to all the occurences of "[x,X,t,T]".
Please help.