- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52975] Aliases
- From: "david.winterbottom at gmail.com" <david.winterbottom at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 04:00:01 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Using another algebra program I can avoid the input and output of all the arguments of a general function by running > alias(h1=h1(x,X,t,T)): Then "h1" is used in place of "h1(x,X,t,T)" in both input and output. Is there an analogous command for hiding function arguments in Mathematica? I'm using several arbitrary functions of four variables and some of the output is virtually unreadable due to all the occurences of "[x,X,t,T]". Please help.