RealTime3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53191] RealTime3D
  • From: Ian Roberts <mathgroup at quantica.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:12:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I noticed some correspondence about RealTime3D recently.
Can anyone tell me why it is makes rendering so much faster? I have been
using it with Parametric3D[] and a 60 sec plot is rendered almost
instantaneously. The result lacks some detail but the speed increase is
so great that many more PlotPoints can be used which more than compensates.
Ian