Re: How to plot...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46055] Re: How to plot...
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:19:08 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 2/3/04 at 3:21 AM, oliver.kowalke at t-online.de (Oliver Kowalke) wrote: >I want to plot sin(x)/x on x=0. >f3 := Which[x==0,1,0<x,Abs[Sin[x]/x]]; Your problem is the way you have defined f3. Define f3 as follows: f3[x_]:=Which[x==0,1,0<x, Abs[Sin[x]/x]] This should give you what you want although it will not be a plot of sin(x)/x If I were to plot sin(x)/x I would define the function as follows f[0.]:=1; f[x_]:=Sin[x]/x; Your function differs from sin(x)/x in two ways. It is always positive and it is not defined for x<0. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four