Re: How to printout more digits?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46162] Re: How to printout more digits?
- From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 05:54:09 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Toshi: In the Mathematica 5.0 Book, Section 3.1.4 Numerical Precision, you will find the answer to your problem near the end of that section, as well as below. In the book ... "In input form, Mathematica prints all the digits it knows." So the trick is just to convert your sum to InputForm before we Print ... In:= N[Pi,9] + 6. // InputForm // Print From In:= 9.141592653589793 Regards, Harold P.S. It was Mathematica which inserted the "From In:=" when I copied as plaintext from my notebook. In the notebook, Print does not supply a results line beginning with "Out[..]=".