Re: How to printout more digits?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46156] Re: How to printout more digits?
  • From: "Falko Schmidt" <schmidtfalko at t-online.de>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 05:54:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Toshiyuki (Toshi) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:c04f0p$ggi$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello,
>
> I want to print out (or write to a file) outputs with more than 9 digits.
> For example, I know that
>
> Print[ N[Pi, 9] ]
> returns
> 3.14159265
> ,which is OK.
>
> But,
> Print[ N[6. * Pi, 9] ]
> returns
> 18.8496
> which is only 6 digits and not what I expected.
>
> Does anybody know how to print out outputs with more than 9 digits?

Pay attention to the point behind 6. This reduces the precision of the
expression.

> In addition, I want to write the outputs in a file, such as csv files.
> If you know ideas for this, please let me know too.

??Export
Export["file.ext", expr] exports data to a file, converting it to a format
corresponding to the file extension ext. Export["file", expr, "format"]
exports data to a file, converting it to the specified format.