Re: How to printout more digits?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46166] Re: How to printout more digits?
- From: "Bill Bertram" <wkb at aansto.gov.au>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 05:54:14 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Toshiyuki (Toshi) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp> wrote in message news:c04f0p$ggi$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Hello, > > I want to print out (or write to a file) outputs with more than 9 digits. > For example, I know that > > Print[ N[Pi, 9] ] > returns > 3.14159265 > ,which is OK. > > But, > Print[ N[6. * Pi, 9] ] > returns > 18.8496 > which is only 6 digits and not what I expected. > > Does anybody know how to print out outputs with more than 9 digits? > > In addition, I want to write the outputs in a file, such as csv files. > If you know ideas for this, please let me know too. This is one Mathematica's little annoyances. If my memory serves me correctly, N[expression, n] used to work properly in the early versions of Mathematica., but in later versions you need to replace it by "NumberForm" to achieve the same result. Bill