Re: How does one export a DXF file with PolygonsOnly set to true?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46287] Re: How does one export a DXF file with PolygonsOnly set to true?
- From: Roy <zeno1234 at mindspring.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:56:52 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 2/12/04 11:00 PM, in article c0hi51$lhd$1 at smc.vnet.net, "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote: > Hi, > > extract the polygon from the graphics 3d object by yourself. > > Regards > Jens > > Roy wrote: >> >> I am using Mathematica version 4.2 >> >> The command to export a DXF file has changed from my version 4 documentation >> to this command and syntax.. >> >> Export["filename", graphic, "DXF"] >> >> The old documentation though regarding the old DXF making method mentions a >> option of "PolygonsOnly ->True". I added this option , via a comma and the >> option and it does not work. How can I export a DXF file with PolygonsOnly >> being set to true? What is the correct syntax? > I have no idea how to do that. I am presuming one can use the old "PolygonsOnly->true" command since it is stated by Mathematica when one tries to use the old DXF package, that the full functionality of the old DXF Add On package is in the new export command. If someone knows how to indeed use the PolygonsOnly->True command within the new Export method of writing to a DXF file, it would be appreciated.