how to read this data file in mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46409] how to read this data file in mathematica?
  • From: sunyb at ustc.edu (newer)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:43:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hi,
I have a data file with its first line of data as follows:
  8.1000E-01  1.6090E+03
  8.3000E-01  1.5490E+03
  8.5000E-01  1.5810E+03
  8.7000E-01  1.5120E+03
  8.9000E-01  1.5650E+03
  9.1000E-01  1.5680E+03
  9.3000E-01  1.5450E+03
  9.5000E-01  1.6570E+03
  9.7000E-01  1.5900E+03
  9.9000E-01  1.5750E+03
Now I want to read it in mathematica and transform it to satisfy the
data format as below.

{{8.1000E-01  1.6090E+03},
 {8.3000E-01  1.5490E+03},
 {8.5000E-01  1.5810E+03}}