RE: Bloomberg and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46455] RE: [mg46342] Bloomberg and Mathematica
  • From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:02:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Vlad,

> this is my first post, so don't kick me yet if I do something wrong.
>
> I have a task at hand to retrieve Bloomberg's historical data into
> Mathematica. I'm not even sure where to start looking, so any advice
> will be highly appreciated. I'm pretty much an experienced programmer,
> but just saw Mathematica for the first time, so consider me as a total
> newbie :)
>
> Thanks in advance and hope to hear some responses soon.

Perhaps you might get more assistance with an example of the data.  It is
entirely possible that Mathematica can import the data, but without
specfics, who can suggest which of 3-4 methods might be best?

Regards,

Dave.
  Dr. David Annetts
  EM Modelling Analyst
  CSIRO DEM            Tel: +612 9490 5416
  North Ryde           Fax: +612 9490 5467
  Australia         David.Annetts at csiro.au