Re: Re: output in NMinimize on each step?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg46476] Re: [mg46458] Re: output in NMinimize on each step?
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:29:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Sebastian Cohen S wrote:
> In the version 5.0 the StepMonitor function works but I tried it on
> another problem (with more variables and equations - about 48 & 12
> respectively) and it simply returns the solution but with no printed
> steps.
> Any ideas why this happens?
> Thanks,
> Sebastian Cohen S
>  [...]

Very likely it was an example that got dispatched to a specialized
handler, e.g. dedicated linear programming code. As that does not have a
step monitor no information of that sort can be extracted.

If it was not a linear problem then you might want to post it or contact
technical support for further investigation.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research