How to set y always greater than or equal to x for a function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46569] How to set y always greater than or equal to x for a function?
  • From: Albert Franco <francoatnsuok at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:33:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I recently purchased Mathematica 5.0, and I am in the process of
learning how to take advantage of it's many features.

This is an example of one line I would like to calculate in Mathematica:

Plot3D[Sqrt[y-x],{x,-100,100},{y,-100,100}];

How can I best edit this line to make y always greater than or equal to x during
calculation so the program doesn't try to take the square root of a
negative number?

Any help will be appreciated.

Albert Franco