Re: How to set y always greater than or equal to x for a function?

Depending on what you want, you can either proceed by
defining you function in the valid domain:

Off[Plot3D::plnc]; Off[Plot3D::gval];
Plot3D[If[y - x > 0, Sqrt[y - x]], {x, -100, 100}, {
       y, -100, 100}, PlotPoints -> 100];
On[Plot3D::plnc]; On[Plot3D::gval];

Then Mathematica complains about function being not a number,
and this is why these Plot3D messages are turned off.

One alternative way to proceed would be to modify your function,
and add Abs under the square root:

Plot3D[Sqrt[Abs[y-x]], {x,-100,100},{y,-100,100}]

Sasha