Re: Howto turn off using symbols to tag objects?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46595] Re: Howto turn off using symbols to tag objects?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:06:51 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 2/24/04 at 9:04 PM, mvdv at spamcop.net (mvyver) wrote: >Hi, Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? The section in >the documentation "Using symbols to tag objects" is silent. My >problem is that when trying to remove alphabet characters from a >string I'm told that "123k" is a number!! >NumberQ[ToExpression["123k"]] True What version of Mathematica are you using? I get quite different results In:= $Version Out= 5.0 for Mac OS X (June 10, 2003) In:= NumberQ[ToExpression["123k"]] Out= False In:= FullForm@ToExpression@"123k" Out//FullForm= Times[123,k] -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four