Re: Howto turn off using symbols to tag objects?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46612] Re: Howto turn off using symbols to tag objects?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:07:05 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, my Mathematica say In:=NumberQ[ToExpression["123k"]] Out=False Regards Jens mvyver wrote: > > Hi, Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? > The section in the documentation "Using symbols to tag objects" is > silent. > My problem is that when trying to remove alphabet characters from a > string I'm told that "123k" is a number!! > > NumberQ[ToExpression["123k"]] > True > > Using ToExpression with different forms doesn't help. > Any suggestions would be appreciated. > Thanks in advance > > Mark