Matrix Element Extraction

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg46622] Matrix Element Extraction
  • From: "Curt Fischer" <crf3 at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:07:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In a matrix, I want to find the positions of all the integer elements in the
rightmost column or the bottom row.

                      2]] ]]}]],#])&&(#!=-Infinity))&,mat,{2}],True]

This _mostly_ does what I want, but took me forever to think of.  I'm
convinced there must be an easier way...

Especially, is there an easy way to keep the point {1,1} from appearing on
list, other than using a replacement rule and an If[] command?  ({1,1} is
not a position in the bottom row or right most column, so I don't want this
point returned.)

Thanks for any advice.

Curt Fischer