Re: ListPlot output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46600] Re: ListPlot output
  • From: "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:06:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Massimo Sironi wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I've a function like this:
> (...)
> For[i=0, i<MAX,
> MyArrayOfGraph[[i]] = ListPlot[...];
> i++];
> Return[MyArrayOfGraph];
>
> The function works  without problem but, when I execute it, I see the
> output of any ListPlot, there is a way for hide the output of ListPlot?
>
> Thanks for Help.
> Massimo Sironi

You can specify a 'DisplayFunction' parameter, and set it to the value
'Identity', which does nothing.

So:

MyArrayOfGraph[[i]]=ListPlot[... , DisplayFunction->Identity]

The downside of this is that your Display functioned setting is remembered,
so when you try to 'Show[]' the graph again later, you get nothing.

So later have to do a:

Show[MyArrayOfGraph[[i]],DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction]

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==