Re: Saving Kernel Status

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg46633] Re: Saving Kernel Status
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:53:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

what may DumpSave[] do .. save a dump of the kernel ??

DumpSave["", symbol] writes definitions associated with a symbol
to a \
file in internal Mathematica format. DumpSave["", "context`"]
writes \
out definitions associated with all symbols in the specified context. \
DumpSave["", {object1, object2, ... }] writes out definitions for
several symbols or contexts. DumpSave["package`", objects] chooses the
name \
of the output file based on the computer system used. DumpSave["file"]
saves \
all definitions in the current session.