Windows ME fonts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45346] Windows ME fonts
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve1 at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 05:54:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a problem with Mathematica 5 and Windows ME. After running for a
while the fonts in the notebooks displayed on screen become garbled. A while
later various other screen fonts (e.g. icon labels, etc) become garbled.
This problem does NOT occur with Mathematica 4.2.1. I have tried various
settings for the display (i.e. screen resolutions and colour depths) but
nothing seems to help.

Has anyone else had this problem? Even better, has anyone got any
suggestions how to work around it. I would rather not go through the hassle
of upgrading to Windows XP.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK