Re: Printing "Alias" Definitions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45342] Re: Printing "Alias" Definitions
  • From: drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 05:54:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There's no way (I think) to put this in the Init.m. I did get it to
work in the Options Inspector, but there a couple of caveats to watch
out for.

First I typed the list of replacements into Mathematica for
convenience:

{"ff" -> "FullForm", "df" -> "DisplayForm"}

Notice I have the two-character form of the right arrow. The fancy
version won't work! Fancy arrows resulted from copying and pasting
your text, so I had to replace each of them.

Then open the Option Inspector, select Global at the top, search for
InputAuto.

Select the above text from the open notebook, copy it, select the {}
after InputAutoReplacements in the Options inspector, and paste. I
found that with your longer list of replacements it took two
copy-pastes to get all of it. (Go figure!) The second time I started
copying at the point where the paste left off.

Don't forget to push Apply at the top, close the Options Inspector,
and you should be in bidness.

Bobby