  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45384] Extracting Matrix
  • From: "Bruce W. Colletti" <bcolletti at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 03:50:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Re Mathematica 5.0 running under WinXP Home.

Am using...

    z = Regress[...RegressionReport->CovarianceMatrix];
    X = CovarianceMatrix /. z;

...to extract the given matrix.

However, when I use X[[k,k]] to access the k'th diagonal element, I get
a row instead!  The culprit is that MatrixForm is the X-head (as
FullForm reveals).

How can I strip away this head and make X a list of lists?

Thankx.

Bruce