Re: Wolfram Functions Site

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45614] Re: Wolfram Functions Site
  • From: gavin at allegro.com (Gavin Scott)
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:05:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David Park <djmp at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Has anyone besides me had difficulty with the Wolfram Functions site?

> Many of the pages have boxes that are left unfilled. If I pass the
> cursor over them some of them fill but not all of them. Most of
> them are left with small red x's in them.

> I am using IE 6.0 and Windows98.

Works fine with Win2K/IE 6 here, though there is one page that I've
never been able to view successfully:

   http://functions.wolfram.com/Constants/Pi/visualizations/1.html

But this page has more images on it than I think I've ever encountered
on a web page before.

After about five minutes it finishes with maybe 2-4% of the images
failed to download, including most of the banner graphics at the
top of the page.  The IE process is up to 81MB by that point too.

But that's the only one I've seen consistent problems with.  All the
others seem fine.

G.