Re: Anyone using the Units package extensively?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45682] Re: Anyone using the Units package extensively?
- From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:15:26 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <buaov3$mih$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net> wrote: > On 1/16/04 at 7:58 PM, siegman at stanford.edu (AES/newspost) wrote: > > > Can't say I do this extensively, but I routinely define > > > deg = Pi/180. > > FWIW, this isn't needed since Degree is already defined as Pi/180 > -- > To reply via email subtract one hundred and four True enough, but in many cases I actually wantjust a simple real value "Pi/180." (note period), not "Pi/180" -- for instance so that various text labels in Plots and values in Tables get displayed as simple real number rather than as awkwardly formatted fractions. More generally, I believe Degree has some other sophisticated or non-obvious consequences built in, and I'd prefer not to get caught by any of those.