RE: Re: Anyone using the Units package extensively?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45675] RE: [mg45666] Re: Anyone using the Units package extensively?
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:15:18 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Bill, Yes, but the problem is that if one is using the Units package then Degree is both a Unit and a Mathematica Constant. The usages conflict and I believe it was a mistake in design. If a approximate number is converted the the unit Degree, than operating as a constant the result is immediately converted back to radians. Perhaps Degrees should have been used for the constant and Degree for the unit. David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: Bill Rowe [mailto:readnewsciv at earthlink.net] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net On 1/16/04 at 7:58 PM, siegman at stanford.edu (AES/newspost) wrote: > Can't say I do this extensively, but I routinely define > deg = Pi/180. FWIW, this isn't needed since Degree is already defined as Pi/180 -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four