Re: Anyone using the Units package extensively?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45711] Re: Anyone using the Units package extensively?
- From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:54:54 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: CERN
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I've been using an enhanced version package combining units and physical constants for several years. I started off wanting things like a symbol hbar that would only turn into the numerical value PlanckConstant when I applied N to an expression. The latest version includes registration of symbols in a database that allows you to do automatic dimension checking of expressions. It can be downloaded from http://jowett.home.cern.ch/jowett/Accelerator/ConstantsUnits.html The notebook implementing the package contains examples. The choice of physical constants is oriented towards the ones used in my field but could easily be adapted. John Jowett "William McHargue" <A at B.C> wrote in message news:bu8iv9$au6$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Hello, > > I've been using Mathematica for engineering analysis and have come to > carry units throughout my calculations. Does anyone else do this and > would you like to exchange tips/tricks? > > Regards, > > -- > Bill McHargue > William at McHargue.Org >