Re: Re: Re: Re: typesetting fractions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg45714] Re: [mg45697] Re: [mg45644] Re: [mg45590] Re: [mg45555] typesetting fractions
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 04:54:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Aha!   One of those situations where the appropriate option is actually
documented in The Mathematica Book, but some users (including me) didn't
find it because (so far as I can see), the documentation refers to (sub-
and super-) scripts rather than fractions!

Thanks for the pointer.

John Fultz wrote:

> ... In the Option Inspector is an option called ScriptSizeMultipliers.  This,
> combined with the ScriptMinSize, determines sizing for fractions and
> scripts (sorry, Selwyn).  The easiest way to do what Murray and Sabit want
> is to set the ScriptSizeMultipliers option to 1.  This could be set at the
> notebook or global level, as you feel appropriate, or wrapped individually
> around fractions if you don't want sub/superscripts to pick up the option
> value.

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305