Re: Wolfram Functions Site

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45740] Re: Wolfram Functions Site
  • From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 03:15:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Michael Tobis" wrote

>Mass-market
>servers use an intermediate layer (a proxy server) to cache as many
>images as they can on their own machines rather than going to the
>network for each image,

I may be wrong, but I thought that the use of a proxy server should be
enabled by the user, by setting an option in his browser. Or is this you are
referring to a sort of 'super proxy', transparent to the proxy a user can
choose not to use?

If it is a standard proxy it should be possible to disable the corresponding
option in the web browser.

cheers,
Peltio
and his two cents