Stretching X-Axis in Plot[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45799] Stretching X-Axis in Plot[]
  • From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:04:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

MathGroup:

I have a function I want to Plot between 0.5 and 1.0 with a "stretched
out" x-axis.  I want to put a "horizontal magnifying glass" on the
function between 0.65 and 0.75, because it wiggles a lot in this part
of its domain.

I tried to find a Plot option which allows the x-axis to stretch
horizontally across the screen.  I experimented with AspectRatio ->
10, and found I could do y-axis (Range) stretch with no problem.  But
when I tried AspectRatio -> 0.1, the y-axis collapsed, and the x-axis
did not stretch at all.

I'm stumped.  I can't find an x-axis stretching option that produces
more on-screen horizontal plot details.

Does anyone know a way to stretch the x-axis in Mathematica Plots?

Regards,
Harold