Re: GridPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45818] Re: GridPlot
  • From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:53:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Selwyn:

I liked your gridPlot module, and it is in my library.  However, I
don't understand one Mathematica programming construct you used twice.
 I've neither seen it before, nor have I been able to find a
programmer's definition for it in the Mathematica 5.0 Help System.  In
the line of code ...

    {GrayLevel[0.], AbsoluteThickness[t_], Line[{{u_, y1_}, {u_,
y2_}}]} /;

you use the /-character before the semicolon.  There is an earlier
line where you also use this.

Other than "division", I don't know what the /-character accomplishes
in this context.  Does it go with the semicolon (which ends lines
without output)?  I do know that if I take it out, your code
malfunctions.

If there's an reference for this in the Help System, I'd also
appreciate a pointer to the correct bookmark.

Regards,
Harold