Re: Creating New Symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45949] Re: Creating New Symbols
  • From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:16:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jens:

I appreciate your insights, and have a few clarifying questions to
ask.

I use Windows 2000, which uses TrueType (.TTF) font files.  When
Mathematica 5.0 was installed, it provided 7 new TrueType fonts, each
using one proportional TTF file, and one monospaced TTF file.

I have not checked every font thoroughly, so I have this question ...

	Are all the Mathematica palette symbols input only in this fashion?

It looks like I need to check-out the FontoGrapher website.  I assume
FontoGrapher is a commercial product. Are there any equivalent
shareware or freeware Windows tools available for building user-drawn
TTF files?

It also looks like I need to run an experiment with one of my other
Windows fonts -- maybe StarTrek or Klingon -- to determine the steps
needed to convert parts of a Windows TTF file into a Mathematica
Palette.  Is any other  Mathematica poster experienced in this?

Thanks.
Harold