Re: Creating New Symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45891] Re: Creating New Symbols
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:34:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Mathematica use PostScript type 1 fonts and you have to use
a font editor for type 1 outline fonts.
Or how doe your 16 x 16 BMP font will look on screen with
magnification 300 % and how it will look on a 600 x 600 dpi
laser printer ...

If you have a font editor like FontoGrapher you can
save type 1 or true type fonts and Mathematica can access
the fonts if your operating system knows how to access
the font.

Regards
  Jens