How to plot the surface of revolution graphics

I would like to make graphics with many surfaces. All surfaces are surfaces
of revolution. They are created through rotate specified countur about
certain line. I cannot make these graphics.
I have rectangle which is represented through 4 points which have following
coordinates : (2,2), (6,6), (7,5), 3,1). This rectangle is rotated about
line y(x) = x and is created cylindrical surface. How to create graph with
this surface. I know this is a simple problem and I can used
ParametricPlot3D[] function or another but in the real I have counturs more
complicated than rectangle and I would like use specified function to make
graph surface of revolution.

Thanks for all

--
Regards