How to plot the surface of revolution graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49205] How to plot the surface of revolution graphics
  • From: "CYSTERNA++" <e_cysterna at wp.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:42:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to make graphics with many surfaces. All surfaces are surfaces
of revolution. They are created through rotate specified countur about
certain line. I cannot make these graphics.
I have rectangle which is represented through 4 points which have following
coordinates : (2,2), (6,6), (7,5), 3,1). This rectangle is rotated about
line y(x) = x and is created cylindrical surface. How to create graph with
this surface. I know this is a simple problem and I can used
ParametricPlot3D[] function or another but in the real I have counturs more
complicated than rectangle and I would like use specified function to make
graph surface of revolution. I know that I can use SurfaceOfRevolution[]
function but I don't know how to do this with my counturs.

Thanks for all

--
Regards

CYSTERNA++