Re: Fit : complex data to complex function, coefficients must be real

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49279] Re: Fit : complex data to complex function, coefficients must be real
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:16:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 7/10/04 at 2:48 AM, Timothy.Van.Renterghem at intec.Ugent.be
(Timothy) wrote:

>I want to fit (function Fit[] in Mathematica) complex data to a
>complex function, but the fitted coefficients must be real numbers.
>How can i do this ?

Have you just tried using Fit with complex numbers? When I use Fit with complex numbers it seems to work fine. For example

In[1]:=
data = Table[N[{Exp[I/n], 2*Exp[I/n]}], {n, 1, 10}];

Chop[Fit[data, {x, 1}, x]]
Out[2]=
2.000000000000001*x